Come and join Alison and Lauren each Thursday evening at 7.00 pm for a ‘Power Walk’ through our beautiful Suffolk countryside with stunning views across the River Deben valley. There are many benefits to power walking:
- It is a low impact exercise that produces less stress on the knees and joints than many other activities.
- Produces endorphins (brain chemicals that make you feel happy and confident).
- Burns calories (on average 100 calories every 20 mins).
- It is a sociable form of exercise (and we are a very social group!).
The 1 hour power walk is approximately 3.5 to 4+ miles long using a variety of routes, sometimes over uneven terrain, and divided into two ability groups;
- Beginners – 3.5 – 4.5 mph
- Advanced – 4.5 – 5.5 mph
Please speak to Alison or Lauren at the Club before signing up for a session or contact them on 01473 624707. You may be pleasantly surprised as to how beneficial this activity can be for your fitness levels – the cost £3.00 per person for members and non-members alike.